Tuesday 25 September 2012

500 Days Of Summer - My Opinion

Yesterday I decided to watch 500 days of summer, one because I felt I could get inspiration for my short film as it's already a big contributor. And two......I just really love this film. 

Throughout the film I just kept thinking to myself how great the editing is nothing was done simply, every short scene was brought to the audience in a humorous creative way.  The film uses this..

as a way of showing us what day in the 500 days it was, they also used this to show what mood Tom (main male) was feeling and what stage of the relationship it was, either bad or good depending on the colours and season.
Another scene I thought was cleverly done happened on day 35, Tom was happy and dancing because his relationship with Summer couldn't have been better in his eyes his steps onto the lift feeling ecstatic.
The doors open to his floor after the day has changed, and the cheery music has stopped and he looks miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment